Tuesday, March 22, 2016

CaiterbugCoast2Coast: What did I do? What did I draw?

Hey Guys! I'm back from my trip!


Gosh. Two weeks is long time to be away from home. At least for me. I love my day-to-day life in Seattle.  I missed my husband, my puppy, my friends, and my business.  However, I did get to see some pretty great people while I was gone, so that made it worthwhile. 

My parents moved to Baltimore, Maryland this past fall. My two sisters and their families already live in MD, which now makes it a hub to see a bunch of people I love at one time. Two of my best friends live nearby and I was able to see them as well. I am so thankful God put them close together.  I also made a pit stop in Nashville, Tennessee (my hometown of 15 years). My grandparents live there, and I hadn't seen them in over two years. This was an opportune time to visit while I was on that side of the country.



Over the course of my trip I saw my parents, all three of my siblings, their spouses, four nephews, 2 nieces, two best friends, and two grandparents. #CaiterbugCoast2Coast was a huge success.

I did a fun social media series while I was away. I printed miniature copies of my state prints and took pictures with them at the places I visited (including my layover in Las Vegas). 






I worked on a little sewing project while I was away. A while ago, my grandma gave my oldest sister receiving blankets that belonged to my dad when he was a baby. She wanted to do some thing special with them, but didn't have any ideas. While she was at work, we got a hold of the blankets and I used a small portion of them to make two animal pillows. I gave them to her later that week when we got together to celebrate her and her baby-girl-to-be (due next month). The colors of her nursery are pink, robin's egg blue, and cream. 



Remember all those scripture and hymn requests I took a few weeks back? Well, I am proud to say I got nearly every request drawn. I have not "inked" them yet. Mostly because I was around small children the entire time and that process really needs to be done in a stable environment, lol. I hope to get them all inked, scanned, and listed by the end of the month. If you requested a scripture or hymn, look below and see if you can find yours! If you happen to catch a typo or have any suggestions, let me know and I'll take them into consideration. 

I hardly ever have pictures of my designs before they are finished, so it will be cool to do some before and after shots once they are complete.



  








 










Thanks for stopping by. Hope to post again soon!
Gotta get back to work. Already have an order in on my first day back!


A photo posted by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on

No comments:

Post a Comment