Friday, February 17, 2017

Most Popular State in 2016 Goes to....

So I am one of those rare breeds (and no, I'm not talking about being a ginger). I enjoy being creative, but I also enjoy order amongst the chaos (even though my giant laundry pile would say otherwise). Some people refer to this as being both left-and-right-brained.  I tallied up a bunch of facts about my orders. I do this in hopes to recognize trends within my products, and how I can take that knowledge to become a better seller to my customers.



Etsy provides a lot of data for me already. It tracks my favorites, orders, and revenue, and I am able to view it in a line graph presentation. It allows me to see when my peak months are in terms of viewership and orders placed. I am still a relatively new business, and my exposure seems to be ever-increasing. So, it has been difficult to establish what my busy seasons are. Over the last two years, I have had peaks at Mother's Day, Back-to-School, and Holiday. Here are some charts that etsy provides me with:

Views

Favorites

Orders Placed

Revenue

What etsy's stats don't do for me is tell which was my most purchased item, or other details about my orders. So I made my own charts..

This chart shows my top 5 physical order types.
Some other facts about theses items.
Single State Pillows
Total: 94
Added Piping: 68
Added Heart: 34
Top States: CA, TX, CO, IN, IA, WA

Connecting State Sets
Total: 31 Sets
Added Piping: 13
Top States: CA, NY, MA, FL, PA

Double State Pillows
Total: 37
Added Piping: 16
Top States: CA, NY, MI, FL

This chart shows my most "shipped to" state. The brown column shows digital items (items delivered via email). The green column shows physical items (items delivered via mail).
The only states I did not deliver to were AL, AK, DE, ME, MT.

Also, MrsCaiterBug is international! I sent orders to 5 countries outside the USA. Digital orders were sent to the UK, Australia, Germany, France, and Canada. I also sent two physical items to Canada, and it was first experience with international shipping and filling out customs forms. It went splendid.  I'm not so scared of international shipping anymore.




As you can see from the charts above, California is by far the most featured state of 2016.
The states not purchased for a pillow were AK, AR, HI, ME, MS, MT, NV, NH, VT, WV.
The ONLY state not purchased for a digital print was Montana. And, this is totally my fault, I actually never listed a Montana design! This needs to be fixed.

Favorite Colors for Stitching & Piping:
• Navy
• Dark Gray
• Black
• Golden Yellow

I get really excited when someone places an order with bright colors, because I work in neutrals SO MUCH! Its nice to change it up. Plus, something about working in a cheery color makes the process so much more enjoyable!

Some more 2016 Fun Facts:
56,186 Views
4,950 Favorites
555 Total Orders
376 Digital Orders
198 State Related Pillow Covers
235 Total Pillow Covers!
Also, I made half my revenue just in Q4. Holiday season was INSANE.

Some initial thoughts after looking over this data is:
• List a Montana digital print.
• Make some new (maybe more specific) designs for CA and TX, since I already have a lot of views and purchases on these items.
• and, dang, that's a lot of pillows!

I know this data won't be SUPER interesting to everyone. But, I hope you enjoyed looking at some of my stats! Laterbug, Caiterbug.

My next post will be on my closet! I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment