Thursday, March 30, 2017

Caitlin's Closet: Month 1

I am finally getting around to writing this update post on my new series Caitlin's Closet. I know you all have been waiting on the edge of your seat. If you haven't read my original post, please go check it out to understand the context around this update.



I really didn't mean to put if off for so long. I was originally planning on doing an update post every 10 days or so. But, you know, life happens. And, I think it worked out for the best having the month summed up into one post.


It was a pretty cold and wet February here in Seattle. We had a few snow days, and very few nice days. Definitely sweater weather. Also, please note that I am not a model, and was really trying my best not to be awkward.

Gosh, I have had this skirt in my closet for 2 years! It was such a great find at Goodwill. I had avoided wearing it because I thought it made me look big. I recently got this belt and it really helped define my waist in this poofy skirt. Of course, I got a bunch of compliments on it, and am now kicking myself for never wearing it. The sweater is one of my all time favorites from Forever 21.
                    
Sweater: Forever 21 (circa 2010)
Skirt: Goodwill (O2 Collection Brand, link to item)
Tights: Fred Meyer
Belt: Modcloth, link to item
Shoes: TJ Maxx

Lips: The Balm, Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the Shade Committed, link to item
Eyes: Morphe

You'll notice I have a lot of clothes from my mom. She's lets me "shop" in her closet, and she also has fantastic taste. She's pretty much the best. I hardly ever wear that sweater, but why? It is so cozy!
Sweater: Free People (From my mom)
Tshirt: Forever 21
Jeans: Old Navy
This cashmere sweater was another amazing find at Goodwill. It was originally $88 at Nordstrom. I had been looking for a red-toned boot for quite a while, and recently bought these on sale from ModCloth. 
Shoes: Modcloth, link to item
Sweater: Goodwill (brand: Remain)
Jeans: Old Navy
Necklace: Francescas


 Sometimes, your cozy socks are the star of the outfit. I am pretty much a sucker for anything space-related. So, this Beatles-Space Shuttle mash up was a must have. 
Sweater: Ross Dress for Less
Socks: Jo-Anns
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shirt: Modcloth, link to item

This outfit was for yet another snow-day we had this year. We have had so much more snow this winter than our first 3 years combined. The ear warmer is my favorite part and adds a great pop of color. 
Sweater: Fred Meyer
Shirt: Express (circa 2010)
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Ear Warmer: Goodwill (brand unknown)

Jeans: Old Navy
Sweater: Goodwill (brand unknown)
Necklace: Old Navy
Shoes: Steve Madden (circa 2010)

Sweatshirt: Forever 21
Shirt: Her Universe
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less

I hadn't worn this blazer in years! Which is shocking to anyone who knows me well and my obsession with houndstooth. I got it in high school my sophomore year as a Christmas present, and I got the sweater dress the next fall. I wore this outfit church, and got a bunch of compliments on the blazer. Definitely will be taking it out of the closet more often.  I love these clay color tights. They go with my hair so well (Ginger problems: when color coordinate your outfit with your hair). 
Sweater Dress: The Gap (circa 2008)
Blazer: Delias (circa 2007)
Tights: Modcloth, link to item
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item

Lips: Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out, link to item

For those of you reading from the East Coast and don't know what Fred Meyer is... It is a grocery store, but also has a home and clothing department. Its kind of like a Target, Kohls, and Giant Eagle all had a baby. This was my Valentine's Day outfit. In years past our Valentine's Day plans are eating pizza and doing something Star Wars related. This year we got together with friends from our church and made/ate Valentines Day cookies. Yum!
Jeans: Old Navy
Shirt: Fred Meyer
Shoes: Modcloth, (no longer available)

These sparkly boots are my rain boots. I bought them specifically for walking the dog in the rain, and I didn't really plan on wearing them "out." Every now and then I wear them to run errands and I get SO MANY comments and questions about them.
Sweater: Forever 21 (circa 2013)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Modcloth (no longer available)


 The black leggings you see pictured in pretty much every other outfit are from Ross Dress For Less. I bought two pair last March for $5 dollars each. They are so soft!!! I thought for sure they would lose their coziness and pill up, but they haven't. I have since bought 3 more pairs, lol. The brand is called "Love Couture".
Sweater: Ross Dress for Less
Shirt: Old (my mom got it for me!)
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less

I found this awesome panda sweater at Goodwill. It also happens to be one of my favorite brands: Kensie.
Sweater: Goodwill (Kensie brand)
Pants: Goodwill (Loft brand)
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item

I love showing my nerdy side but pairing it with girly items like this soft pink sweater.
Sweater: Free People (circa 2007 or earlier. My mom gave it to me.)
Shirt: Target (circa 2014)
Shoes: Modcloth (no longer available)
Jeans: Old Navy

Sweater: Nordstrom Rack
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less

You'll notice that pretty much every pair of jeans I own is from Old Navy. I just love the way they fit me, and they are a great price. I usually wear one of the skinny mid-rise styles.
Sweater: Gap (Got it from my mom)
Lace Tank: Old. I think I got it at Marshalls?
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Target, link to item

Sweater: Goodwill 
Belt: Modcloth, link to item

This skirt is actually a dress. It is a halter top style. I rarely have occasion to wear it, and it is a bit too revealing up top. So, I decided to flip in the top part, and wear it as a skirt. I'm so glad I found a way to wear it, because I love the pattern and ruffles.

Turtleneck: Old (I got it from my mom)
Dress/skirt: Forever 21 (circa 2009)
Tights: Modcloth, link to item
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less
Belt: Francescas (circa 2014)
Necklace: Given to me from my Grandma, Woowoo

I like to think of these shoes as my Anne of Green Gables boots. They are so Anne, right?
Sweater: Buckle (circa 2009)
Tshirt: Old
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Modcloth (no longer available)

This outfit makes me feel like an art teacher. I think because the skirt reminds me of Monet. Also, this entire outfit is from 2012 or earlier.

 Sweater: The Gap (from my mom, thanks mom!)
Skirt: Jcrew Outlet (circa 2011)
Tights: Old, Vera Wang brand
Shoes: I can't remember. I've had them since 2008.

 You always have to have at least a couple Star Wars items in your wardrobe. I have more than a couple, just for good measure.
Jeans: Old Navy
Shirt: Fred Meyer (men's section)
Shoes: Modcloth, link to item
Sweater: Free People (Got it from my mom!)

I don't get a chance to "dress up" during the week a lot. But, I have Bible Study on Tuesday mornings and community group on Tuesday evenings. So, I usually put in a little more effort on Tuesdays. This is ones of those outfits.
Sweater: Ross Dress for Less
Pants: Goodwill (Loft brand)
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item

I know I wore a sweater with this outfit, but could not remember which one! Oops! Guess I will just have to wear it again...
Shirt: Old Navy (no longer available)
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item


I hope you enjoyed scrolling through my outfits. What did you think of the format? Is it too boring? Too long? What would you like to see more of? Less of? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

From everyone here at the theCaiterBlog...
Thanks for stopping by! Laterbug, Caiterbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment