Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Caitlin's Closet: Month 3 & 4

I promise I am still doing this challenge, even if I am terrible at updating this blog. But dang, it sounded much easier in theory. My shop has been blowing up lately. Which is great, but it has been keeping me pretty busy. We are also in the process of house hunting (well, condo hunting), and the real estate game here in Seattle is hard and exhausting. So, I guess those are my excuses for being bad at updating this challenge. Here are my notable outfits from April & May. I really want to start bringing in some DIY and upcycle projects soon!!! Hopefully, next month!



Alright, now onto the good stuff.


This outfit is actually comprised of separates. The lace portion is a dress without a lining. Underneath, I am wearing a camisole, and a gray skirt. I got these shoes for a wedding I was in back in January. I wear them any chance I get!
 Camisole: Forever 21
Lace Dress: H&M (circa 2011)
Skirt: Banana Republic (given to me by my mom, thanks mom!)
Belt: ModCloth
Shoes: DSW, Betsey Johnson
Tights: Ross Dress for Less

 Just a casual look for touring condos!
Tshirt: Forever 21
Cardigan: Target (circa 2014)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Target, link to item

Spring in Seattle has been pretty cold and wet. Cozy sweaters are a must! I love the embroidered details on these Toms.
Cardigan: Ross Dress for Less
Shirt: ModCloth
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Toms (circa 2013)

This is my typical "I spent all day sewing" look.
Cardigan: Goodwill
Shirt: HerUniverse, no longer available
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less

Another look for touring properties! I love wearing these fringe boots.
Sweater: Old Navy (circa 2013)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Target, link to item

This was a look I wore for a double date with our good friends. This floral cardigan is perfect for springtime! This outfit is brought to you by my mom. I love when she lets me shop from her closet! #bestmom
 Cardigan: Anthropologie (given to me by my mom, thanks mom!)
Shirt: Jcrew (given to me by mom, thanks mom!)
Skirt: The Limited (given to me by my mom, thanks mom!)
Tights: Express
Shoes: Old Navy

This poncho is so cozy. Unfortunately, it is a dog hair magnet. I have to lint roll it like crazy!  
Poncho: Ross Dress for Less
Jeans: Old Navy

This outfit is a perfect example of my "Etsy Uniform". I'm obviously really jazzed about it.
Sweater: Goodwill
Shirt: Fred Meyer (Men's department)
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Old Navy

I wore this look to church on Good Friday. Star Wars Celebration was also the same weekend, and I had been watching the live stream all day. I got this timeline skirt when were in Disneyland. It's HerUniverse, of course.
Sweater: Anthropologie, circa 2008
Skirt: HerUniverse, park exclusive
Tights: Fred Meyer
Shoes: Old Navy

The rain stopped, and the mountains made an appearance for Easter Sunday.
Long Sleeve Shirt: Jcrew (from my sister Meghan, thanks meg!)
Dress: TJ Maxx
Belt: Ann Taylor
Tights: Fred Meyer
Shoes: Macys

I can't get enough of these cozy leggings from Ross!
Tunic: Old Navy
Leggings: Ross Dress For Less
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

This is the look I wore to my good friend's bridal shower. We went to high tea at the Olympic Fairmont, and then the celebration continued with a mimosa bar. It was the best day! Why don't I wear this dress more often??

Sweater: J Crew (from my mom, thanks mom!)
Dress: Francescas, circa 2012
Tights: Mod Cloth, link to item
Shoes: DSW, Betsey Johnson

Some other looks from April.
Left: Her Universe, no longer available
Right: ModCloth

 Sunday Funday!
Sweater dress: The Gap (from my mom, thanks mom!)
Tights: Mod Cloth, link to item
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

This crochet poncho was such a treasure to find at Goodwill! I wore it with a grey tshirt and leggings.
Poncho: Goodwill, Free People

The only color yellow that looks acceptable on me. I paired this outfit with a plain navy tee.
Sweater: Forever 21, circa 2011
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

I wore this look for Tom's birthday dinner. We went to our favorite fancy french restaurant, Bastille.
Dress: Ross Dress for Less, Betsey Johnson
Tights: Macys, HUE
Shoes: Old Navy
Necklace: ModCloth

Finally, the first sunny Sunday! I took advantage and wore this spring dress. I've had it for a while, and worn it a couple times, but I'm not sure if I will keep it. I kind of feel like an Easter egg.
Dress: ModCloth
Sweater: Banana Republic (from my mom, thanks mom!)
Shoes: Old Navy

 I paired this top with dark jeans, light pink flats, and some curly hair.
Shirt: Anthropologie, circa 2012

I love this dress! It is knit. So, it is super cozy AND it has pockets! Win-win. I bought this dress at a boutique in Bainbridge Island when we first moved to Seattle.
Dress: Boutique, Brand: Effie's Heart
Belt: ModCloth
Shoes: Macys

A little everyday cosplay. 
Sweater: HerUniverse, link to item
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Old Navy

We celebrated my birthday the day before, since my birthday fell on Sunday/Mother's Day, and we didn't want to compete with the brunch crowd. Of course, I wore my favorite brand to celebrate. We had a full day of fun activities in city.
Sweater: HerUniverse

Birthday Eve outfit I got earlier that day with my birthday discount. I wore this to dinner and cider! It is a two piece jumpsuit, and pretty much my [new] favorite apparel item I own. I couldn't find this online, but it should be available in stores. It is a newer item.
Jumpsuit: Anthropologie

What I wore on my actual birthday. Tom gave me this shirt for my birthday several years ago. It is one of my favorites!
Tshirt: Ript Apparel 
Jeans: Old Navy

 Another day the sun was shining on Seattle. Time to work on my tan....
Shirt: J Crew, circa 2013
Skirt: The Limited (from my mom, thanks mom!)

 I wore this outfit to my cousin music concert. I wish I would have taken a picture, because I rocked it with some very bold dark red lipstick!
 Shirt: Given to me by my friend Jackie, thanks Jackie!
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: ModCloth

How could I not buy this shirt?! I found it at Jo-Ann's (along with some cozy leggings with swans on them, because why not?). It is massive, but perfect for days spent sewing. Same goes for the leggings.
 Shirt: Jo-Ann's

 I always have trouble finding an outfit for this shirt. I finally found favor with it when I tied at the waist to make it more fitted.
Shirt: J Crew circa 2013
Maxi Skirt: Target
Shoes: Ross Dress For Less, Betsey Johnson 

Warm days are here! I finally got to break out the summer dresses.
Left: Old Navy (given to me by my mom, thanks mom!)
Right: Old Navy, circa summer 2016
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Converse

I bought this shirt back when Civil War came out. Of course, I am Team Cap!
Shirt: Macy's

Wow! That was a lot of outfits! I really didn't realize how much Her Universe stuff I own, but I am not upset about it. Also, thanks to my mom for having fantastic taste in clothing, and being generous with her hand-me-downs. I promise I will include at least one upcycle this June. You heard it here first! Now, I have no excuse! What do you all think of the new picture format? More "modeling" and having the clothes hung up vs. flat lays? It was way easier to photograph! I've also started my Goodwill pile. It consists of some things I've already worn in the challenge, and some things I've decided aren't worth the effort. I plan to share everything on here before I donate. 

Thanks for stopping by. Laterbug, Caiterbug.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the clothes on you... you rock them! Having them hung up gives me a chance to see what I should be looking for on store racks. Good luck with the continued sorting, wearing, and sharing!

    ReplyDelete