Monday, April 24, 2017

Caitlin's Closet: Month 2

Here is month 2 of my clothing challenge. If you have read about my challenge yet, you can check out the introduction here and month 1 here.



This month begins with out trip to CA. Tom had a conference in San Francisco that week. On the last day of the conference I flew down to San Jose, and we met at my grandparents house later that evening. First stop: Innout!

If you know me well, you know I am a big fan of space exploration and I totally geek out over anything NASA. This sweatshirt was the perfect cozy item for a day of travel. 
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Sweatshirt: ModCloth, link to item
Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item

Day 2 of our trip consisted of brunch with my Grandparents, Mom, Aunt, and Uncle. It was so great to see everyone. I wish I could make it to CA more often. After brunch we hit the road, and drove down the coast to SoCal. I must left my floral leggings at the hotel, because they are nowhere to be found. I'm basically heart broken! 
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Jean Shirt: Goodwill, originally Forever 21
Shirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Old Navy link to item

Day 3 of our trip, we were off to Disneyland with my parents!
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Jean Shirt: Goodwill, originally Forever 21
Mickey Shirt: ModCloth, no longer available
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

Day 4 & 5 were park days as well.
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Shirt: ModCloth, no longer available
Jeans: ModCloth, link to item
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less



Tunic: Old Navy
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less
Belt: Old Navy

Day 6 of our trip we traveled home in matching Disneyland shirts because we are adorable and annoying like that, haha. 

Shirt: Disneyland! , link to item
Jeans: Old Navy

Then back to reality. Tom and I actually both got sick upon returning from our trip. I did not wear any fun outfits for a few days, and lived on the couch for a week. I managed to wear a couple cute sweaters.
Top Sweater: Kensie, gift
Bottom Sweater: Old Navy

This was one of my Tuesday outfits. On Tuesdays I have Bible Study, and Community Group, so I put in a little extra effort on these days.
 Shirt: Anthropologie, circa 2010
Pants: TJ Maxx
Shoes: ModCloth

This was my St. Patty's day outfit. I love wearing my favorite color!
Shirt: Old Navy
Cardigan: Gap
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

I actually rocked some blue lipstick with this outfit. I guess I was feeling adventurous that day!
Shirt: Nordstrom Rack
Jacket: Target
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Old Navy, link to item

In the middle of the month, we attended a friend's wedding. I got to wear one of my favorite Bestey Johnson dresses. Gotta love Betsey!


The next day we went to church. We actually weren't sure if we were going to make it because we had to run to the airport that morning. So, I didn't get too dressed up. I'm also realizing that it looks like my tights are a little purple. But they are navy...promise, lol.
Dress: Forever 21, circa 2010
Jacket: American Eagle circa 2009
Tights: Fred Meyer
Shoes: ModCloth

The next week, Tom's sister was in town! We had a blast with Michelle, and did all the things. And by, all the things I mean donuts, sushi, pride & prejudice, banana grams, and more donuts. 


Day 1 was pretty chill. Donuts were our first stop, and then sushi later that evening.
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Pants: JC Penney circa 2010
Shirt: ModCloth, no longer available

The next day we had waffles at one of our favorite places, Toast. Then, we went to Cafe Mox and played some games. I wore one of my favorite HerUniverse shirts, and somehow managed not to spill anything on myself, haha.
Shirt: HerUniverse, no longer available
Sweater: Goodwill, originally Target
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less

Day 3 we went to the aquarium with some of Michelle's siblings-in-law and their kiddos. And we got cheesecake, because why not? I wore another HerUniverse item, and it might be my favorite one I own. I feel like I need to write a whole separate blog post on HerUniverse, and why I love it so much!
A post shared by Caitlin (@mrscaiterbug) on


Shirt: Forever 21
Jacket: HerUniverse, link to item
Jeans: Old Navy

One of my favorite outfits to date! My favorite part is the little detail I added to the collar. I wore this to church and brunch.

Shirt: Gap, From my mom!
Dress: Goodwill 
Tights: Fred Meyer
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less
Sweater clip: Vintage

Our last day with Michelle consisted of watching the Pride & Prejudice miniseries, donuts, and then watching the Pride & Prejudice movie. Pretty much the perfect day.
Shirt: Old Navy
Sweater: Goodwill, originally Forever 21
Leggings: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Ross Dress for Less


And then, just like that, March was over. Which means I need to get to work on my April post. I am so behind on taking pictures this month. How are you guys feeling about this challenge and format? Still interesting? Let me know if you have any feedback.

Laterbug, Caiterbug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment